To all of the Mothers, Stepmothers, Grandmothers, and Godmothers:
You are beautiful.
You are valuable.
You are necessary.
You are loved.
You are blessed.
May blessings be unto you this Mother’s Day and all to come!
Happy Mother’s Day!
One thing that I love is a good movie … in no particular order, these are my top 20 favorite movies of all time!
- The Color Purple
- Meet the Parents
- The Cable Guy
- The First Wives Club
- Pretty Woman
- Dirty Dancing
- Lila & Eve
- Sausage Party
- Law Abiding Citizen
- A Bronx Tale
- Steel Magnolias
- Waiting to Exhale
- What’s Love Got to Do With It?
- The Five Heartbeats
- Mommy Dearest
Greetings, everyone … thanks for stopping by!
So, my original plan was to have a nice Mother’s Day Gift Ideas post that would’ve given you a decent amount of time to order or pick up a nice, thoughtful gift for Mom on Mother’s Day — but, with less than a week to go until the big day, I have been left to write a Last Minute Mother’s Day Gift Ideas post! Which is okay … because how many of us have scrambled to find something at the last minute?! I know I’m guilty, lol … sometimes, you have so much going on that things just slip your mind and you’re left at the mall the night before or even the day of trying to find something that will put a smile on Mom’s face.
So, here goes … last minute gift ideas to go along with Mom’s greeting card … and if you have any ideas, leave them in the comments below! I would love to read your last minute ideas!
Wine – Pick up a bottle or two of Mom’s favorite wine! Cabernet or Pinot Grigio, whatever you decide, it will be greatly appreciated … and if you really want to go all out, pick up a couple of snacks to pair with the wine!
Bouquet of Flowers – A lot of the supermarkets have nice bouquets and arrangements available for purchase, just remember that the longer you wait the less of a selection you’ll have to choose from.
Do Brunch! – Who doesn’t enjoy going out for brunch? Unlimited Mimosas, Bellinis, and coffee, too! And, if you’re lucky, you might even be able to find a spot that does a buffet style brunch with all of the fixings and entertains their guests with the sounds of jazz.
Bath Bombs – If Mom knows anything about Calgon, she’ll love these … these scents are so yummy and relaxing that she’ll be sure to be taken away … and even it’s for only 30 minutes, she’ll love it!
Fragrance Sets – You definitely can’t go wrong here … you can either purchase Mom’s favorite or pick up a new perfume! And, if you go to a department store, they’ll more than likely will have free gift promotions with their fragrance sets!
Blanket – You can never go wrong with a warm, cozy blanket … it’s just something about wrapping up in a blanket, while reading a book or catching up on your favorite show.
Gift Cards – Gift cards are quick and easy! You can build a nice gift out of gift cards … movies, restaurants, retail stores, streaming services (Netflix, Hulu), gaming, etc. I’ve never been a fan of the Visa gift cards, though, because I hate to pay the additional fees – so, I always opt for the cards with no fees or penalties.
Nail Salon Gift Certificate – If Mom enjoys getting her nails done, a gift certificate to her favorite nailery will be much appreciated! Plus, the time to a get a gift certificate isn’t long at all — you’ll usually be in and out in less than ten minutes with a certificate ready to be presented to the recipient! If your gift certificate isn’t given to you in a way that’s ready to be presented, just grab a card and you’ll be all set!
Facial/Body Massage Gift Certificate – This is another in-and-out idea! All you have to do is tell them amount you’re interested in and you’re all set! Some locations will allow you to schedule an appointment, while others will let the recipient reach out to schedule their own appointment! Just the thought of having a massage relaxes my mind, how about yours?
DIY Gift Bag Ideas
Movie Night At Home – Mom’s two favorite movies on DVD, microwaveable popcorn, and a couple of boxes of theatre candy.
Wine Lovers – A couple bottles of wine, snacks (olives, cheese assortment, crackers, and/or mixed fruit), wine glass, wine glass charm, bottle opener, and a wine bottle topper.
Spa Lovers – Fuzzy robe and slippers, eye mask, hair wrap, small candle, bath bombs, body oils, essential oils, and a small oil diffuser.
Lottery Lovers – An assortment of scratch off tickets! (these tickets can be put in the envelope with the greeting card)
Gift Ideas For Moms With Children Under 12
Babysitting – This is one idea that will truly be appreciated by any Mom with small children … a day, a night, or even a weekend of babysitting is a blessing for a Mom that needs to get something done or just wants a break!
Do you have any last minute gift ideas?
Mystery Blogger Award
I have great and exciting news to share! This morning, I woke up to a nomination from fellow blogger Fritzie at Life Travel Soul for the Mystery Blogger Award. I have to be honest, I wasn’t quite sure about the award, so I had to do my homework and find out a little bit more about the Mystery Blogger Award.
I learned today that the Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma at Okoto Enigmas Blog. Enigma created the award, “for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Again, I am excited about my nomination and if you aren’t too familiar with Fritzie and her blog, Life Travel Soul, be sure to check it out! Fritzie’s blog tackles life, travel, and everything in between with captivating writing and pictures to match!
So, here are the rules for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link, as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me:
- I’m obsessed with clean, organization, and scents that put me in a relaxing mood.
- I like to clean my home while listening/watching YouTube “Clean With Me” videos.
- I enjoy long car rides to new and exciting places!
Life Travel and Soul’s Questions for Me:
- What are your dream vacation destinations?
I actually have quite a few dream vacation destinations — Bora Bora, Islamorada (Florida), Maldives, Aruba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, and Hawaii. There are more, but I don’t want to get ridiculous, lol — just know, that I love to have fun in the sun!
- What is your all-time favorite quote?
My all-time favorite quote is “it’s just a chapter in your life … turn the page and move on!” There’s so much truth in this quote — It basically means don’t dwell on an issue/problem, take it for what it is, and move on!
- What helps you relieve stress?
The easiest way for me to relieve stress is to take a nice walk. If I can’t do that, then binge watching The Golden Girls, always brightens my day!
- If a magical genie will grant you one wish – what would that be?
To win one of those huge Powerball or Mega Millions jackpots!
- If you’re given a chance to portray a character in a movie, who would that be? What’s the title of the film?
If I was given a change to portray a character in a movie, I would want to be Baby from Dirty Dancing!
My nominees for the Mystery Blogger Award are …
- What are three things can’t you live without?
- What decision in your life would you like to go back and change?
- Who is your favorite superhero and why?
- What would you name your boat, if you had one?
- What’s the worst commercial you’ve ever seen? And, why was it so bad?
Here’s a link to my best post!
Before I end, I would just like to share that I am a fairly new blogger. After much thought and consideration, I started my blogging journey in April of 2018. I am very excited to share and grow, because as I’ve learned thus far … bloggin’ ain’t easy, but it is quite rewarding in many aspects!
52 Cheap or Free Date Ideas
- Go bowling
- Play pool
- Play miniature golf
- Race Go-Karts
- Go hatchet throwing
- Go to the shooting range
- Do an escape room
- Go to an amusement park
- Go to a carnival
- Go to a circus
- Go to see a play/concert
- Play karaoke
- Visit a museum
- Visit the zoo
- Visit the aquarium
- Act like a tourist in your own town and document your day in photos
- Take a cooking/baking class
- Participate in a couples’s painting with wine class
- Participate in a ceramics class
- Learn how to salsa
- Learn how to line dance
- Go for a hike
- Go apple/pumpkin picking, followed by a hayride
- Bake an apple pie
- Have a pumpkin carving contest
- Go bike riding
- Go ice skating
- Go roller skating
- Go to the beach and walk the boardwalk
- Attend an outdoor festival
- Do dinner and a movie
- Go out for ice cream and go topping crazy
- Go out for sushi
- Go to a wine tasting event
- Go to a beer tasting event
- Attend a mixology class at a distillery and learn how to make a cocktail
- Go to a sporting event
- Go tailgating
- Go horseback riding
- Sit by the fire pit and roast marshmallows
- Do a couples massage
- Do a couples mani/pedi
- Explore a new town
- Explore a new restaurant or bar
- Binge watch a top rated TV show
- Have a game night
- Have a video game challenge
- Find a scenic place and have a picnic
- Go out for coffee at a cool cafe
- Do brunch
- Do volunteer work in your community
- Rent a dog from your local shelter and take he/she out on your next adventure (not all shelters do this, but it doesn’t hurt to ask!)
24 Fun Things You Can Do Alone
I’m always looking for fun things to do alone … and here is a list of my most enjoyable things to do alone, in no particular order.
1. Participate in a group horseback riding lesson that is open to all skill levels.
2. Learn a new language or brush up on a language you learned in grade school.
3. Wine and dine yourself at your favorite restaurant.
4. Go to the movie theatre and check out the latest movie!
5. Visit a museum and take tons of pictures!
6. Become a volunteer at your local animal shelter.
7. Try a new fitness program!
8. Treat yourself to a mani/pedi.
9. Treat yourself to a full body massage and facial.
10. Go to a conference.
11. Join an organization.
12. Create a space that inspires you.
13. Go for a scenic walk or hike.
14. Donate your old clothes and other household items to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army.
15. Travel. Whether it’s a day trip or a weekend getaway … research your destination and go for it!
16. Make a dish you recently found on Facebook or Pinterest and share your results on social media!
17. Create a vision board.
18. Read a book.
19. Get your finances in order – create a budget, pay some bills … or open a new account!
20. Check out your local outdoor market.
21. Jump on SnapChat and have a little or a lot of selfie fun with the cool filters!
22. Create a music playlist of your top songs that get you moving and singing along!
23. Make yourself a sweet treat to enjoy with your favorite show.
24. Participate in a cooking class.